Worth It by Narsus



Summary: Chin Iisou has some thoughts to share with Cho Gonnou. Not quite a drabble at 189 words. (Possibly with a dash of shounen-ai if you want to take it that way.)
Rating: PG
Categories: Saiyuki
Characters: Cho Hakkai
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 10/22/04
Updated: 10/22/04


Worth It by Narsus
Chapter 1: Worth It
Author's Notes:

Worth it

Disclaimer: Saiyuki belongs to Kazuya Minekura and associates.

Chin Iisou’s POV

+++++

You killed my whole family. Destroyed their lives with your frail human hands.

Did it make you feel proud? To think that you; a lone human had killed so many of ours. Did it make you feel any less empty?

And you killed me. Put your fist through my chest. A killing blow. Did it make you think you were revenged? When you walked away, stained with the blood of a thousand. Did it make you think there was justice?

What do you know about justice, Cho Gonnou? For now I am Death come to give you a taste of retribution. And you still have the audacity to tell me that she was worth it. Worth all the lives of my kin. I don’t think she was. I don’t think she was worth it at all.

Yet you have another to protect. To your broken heart I suppose he is worth it too.

Is he? Really?

And after I have given him death too, who will you kill this time? When we are all already dead. Who will you try to convince, that he was worth it after all?

+++++

15:16, 13/09/04

I think the last paragraph was kind of optional. It's only seasoned with a pinch of shounen-ai after all, even with the last paragraph anyway. Sneeze and you might miss it.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://split-infinity.org/saiyuki/viewstory.php?sid=241