RSS Feed

 Home
 Most Recent
 
 Authors
 Titles
 Help
 Search
 Log In
 
 

Goku's Hair by Quirk othe Trade
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Title: Goku's Hair
Author: Quirk othe Trade
Category: Saiyuki, Fan fiction
Genre: general/ humor
Rating: suitable for all
Warnings: No pairings, some spoilers for approximately book five I think, and all sheer speculation.
Disclaimer: I don't own Saiyuki, no no, and am only writing stuff like this because I can't get enough. More please!!
A/N: Too little sleep, burn out on too much research material and my own hair refusing to behave are the contributing factors for this silly piece of fluff. This also has nothing to do with the ‘Teaching Goku’ serial; why do I seem to keep focusing on these two? -_-;;
Beta: Unbeta-ed.
Synopsis: What was the scenario when Goku cut his hair? And assuming Gojyo and Hakkai lived near enough near by it wouldn’t take too long to get there on foot… and somewhere before they acquired Hakuryu…. Oh, and Hakkai’s off doing some training.
+++
"Ne, Gojyo, what are you doing?"
Jumping slightly, he turned to glance at Goku behind him. "What does it look like I'm doing, Monkey? Taking out the garbage." That said, he dropped the bag in the can.
He didn't protest the title of monkey, for once. It was amazing how quiet Goku could move sometimes, given that he was normally so damned loud. Dressed in a pair of jeans, a pale tee shirt and canvas slippers, his hair---
"When did you cut your hair?” Putting his hands on jean clad hips, Gojyo tilted his red head to the side and pursed his lips thoughtfully as he stared. The previously long, chestnut brown locks that had been held in place with a scrap of cloth were gone, and he looked younger than he had before, or maybe just more innocent. A slight flush touched the pale gold cheeks under the scrutiny of scarlet eyes.
"This morning. One of the monks on the kitchen staff did it for me." A hand drifted up and fingered the shorn strands.
Has Sanzo seen you yet? Does he know?" A breeze drifted by, playing in strands that already reached his chin only about a month after cutting it all off. So much had happened in that month--- he'd lost his mysterious stranger, Cho Gonou, and gained Cho Hakkai, Son Goku and his guardian, Sanzo, three people who had become indispensable friends to him after being alone for so long---not that he'd admit it, not out loud anyway. Any time he let himself think about it, he was overcome with a sense of awe. Hakkai was his favorite, Goku just begged to be tormented and Sanzo--- well, things would probably never be totally peaceful between the two of them, but that was because neither of them was about to forget the way they had met. It was amusing as hell to annoy the crap out of him, though. "I'm surprised they didn't take the opportunity to shave you bald."
"I wouldn't let that happen!" Then Gojyo's questions registered. "Ah, ah--- not yet. I doubt he'll say anything, though. It's only hair. Besides, he's got short hair, too."
"Well, I must say it suits you. Come on, let's go inside. Hakkai bought ice cream yesterday."
"Yay! Is he here?"
"Naw, he’s gone off to do a little training. He's perfecting his Qi Gong techniques. He left me a list of chores to finish up--- as if I'm totally helpless." (How DID I get along without him before?) "You can stick around and help, if you want to hide for a while from Sanzo."
"Sure, I’ll help. But I'm not really hiding from Sanzo, you know." He followed the kappa inside the small house he shared with Hakkai. Privately, he sided with Hakkai, who always seemed to know everything. (Hakkai probably gave him that list because he knew Gojyo'd forget.)
"Whatever you say, monkey." He snickered.
"I'm not a monkey!"
"So why DID you do it?"
"Huh? Well, I just got to thinking, and---"
"Oooo, thinking--- did it hurt much?"
"HEY! Do you wanna hear or not?!" He halted halfway across the living area, glaring as he balled up his fists.
"I'm only teasing, brat." Pulling down two bowls from the kitchen cabinet, he threw a matching smile over his shoulder. "I wouldn't have asked otherwise."
The glare smoothed away into a frown, and he watched Gojyo grab spoons and set all the utensils on the table. "Like I said, I was thinking, about when you cut your hair, and you seemed a little different afterward. You seemed better. I guess I wanted to change like that, too."
"Trust me, Goku; you'll never be the same no matter what." Pulling the ice cream from the freezer, he dished out a heaping bowlful to Goku, who had seated himself at the table, and not quiet as much to himself.
There were two hard raps on the door before it burst open to reveal an irate priest. "GOKU! How many times have I told you to tell some---"
The boy froze with a spoonful of ice cream almost in his mouth, while Gojyo merely arched an eyebrow at the stunned expression on Sanzo's face, keeping his amusement private for the moment. (Oh, yeah, it HAS been worth it to have the monkey stay.)
He was still hanging onto the doorknob, and as he stared, the expression faded. He stared moodily at his charge, as if debating internally. Then his expression resumed anger mode as if he had reached some sort of decision and he marched into the room, slamming the door behind him. "Goku, how many times have I told you not to leave the temple grounds without telling someone!!! And you, trouble making kappa!!"
"Eh?! What the hell did I do?" demanded Gojyo. "Don't be mad at me! I didn't cut the monkey's hair!"
"I'm not a monkey!"
"You ARE a monkey!"
"ENOUGH!" A vein popped in Sanzo's forehead and he pulled out the harisen threateningly. "It's enough you're a bad influence!"
"Shit, where's Hakkai when we need him?"
+++
Deep in a nearby forest, a green-eyed man sneezed.
+++
Hee hee, sorry! Bye!

Skin Design by Amie of Intense-Illusions.net