RSS Feed

 Home
 Most Recent
 
 Authors
 Titles
 Help
 Search
 Log In
 
 

Full Moon by rasinah
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Never mine… Notes:Knowledge of Saiyuki Reload till vol 4 is required. Second half of fic which is in italics denotes flashback.

= Full Moon =

As he rolled off the blue-haired princess, Nii Jienyi tried to ignore the pain that was stinging at every inch of his skin. He was, of course, used to this rough sex but he never did get accustomed to the pain.

He raised one hand, observing wryly the long red marks and blue-black spots that were an apparent contrast to his fair skin. He wondered then if he could ever took the long-sleeved lab coat out of his daily attire. With such obvious, almost permanent pigments on his skin, it seemed highly impossible.

Nii sat up then, turning to look at the naked female youkai beside him. Her long blue hair was set loose, fanning out under her, with some of the silky tresses hiding her magnificent breasts from view. Her eyes were closed, a satisfied smile on her face. The doctor smirked as he reached out to lightly caress the curving lips.

“Gyokumen-sama,” he drawled. “I will be taking my leave now.”

“Hmm…” Gyokumen answered lazily as she turned on her side, back facing the doctor. It looked like sleep was already claiming her.

Nii chuckled softly and slipped quietly off the bed. He gathered his clothes and the bunny who was sitting on the dresser table. “Enjoyed the show?” he questioned the stuffed toy as he made his way to the door, not bothering to change into his clothes. It was a known fact in Houto Castle that Nii Jienyi was having an affair with Gyokumen Kyushou and that the doctor had no qualms about his sexuality.

Once in the comfort of his room, Nii discarded his clothes on the bed and headed to the balcony, along with bunny, a pack of cigarettes and lighter. The night’s cool breeze was a soothing whisper on his bruised skin, kissing away the pain. Nii placed his favorite stuffed toy on the railing against a beam, smiling at it as he drew out a stick and lit it up. He blew softly at the unmoving doll before gazing up at the full moon hung high in the ink-black sky.

… you and I, are just like the darkness of night and the moon…

The words rang clear in his mind then. Nii smiled to himself, watching the overwhelming expanse of darkness. In darkness, men and youkai alike are often subjected to sinful desires. They rob to fulfill their greed, rape to appease their lust, fight to uphold their pride or kill because of wrath or envy.

The night with its dark veil is a perfect, unquestioning accomplice to these desires. Well, almost. Excluding the stars, the moon is the only conspicuous threat, able to taint to flawless yet ruthless night. Though the night is able to blind the moon, slowly swallowing the light till completely gone from sight, the moon is able to resurrect itself, pricking the night’s conscience once again. The cycle then continues, a never-ending battle between good and evil.

And he was compared to the same darkness; mind, body, heart and soul all tainted in black, a flawless yet ruthless being, an accomplice to evil. Nii raised one hand, as if trying to reach out to the full moon. The moon is the night’s conscience. And Nii Jienyi’s conscience was…

“Kou…myo…” the doctor whispered.

… you and I, are just like the darkness of night and the moon…

The night was getting colder. Nii wrapped his hands round his body and shivered slightly, cigarette hanging carelessly from his lips. He slanted a gaze to bunny and winked. “I think we should go inside now…” he said after removing the stick from his mouth.

Picking up the stuffed toy, cigarette pack and lighter, Nii then tossed the half-consumed cigarette over the railing, watching it fell till devoured by the darkness. Where it landed, Nii did not care. He strode back into his dimly lit room, sat down on the bed and resumed watching the full moon. He hugged the bunny to his abdomen, sighing as he did so.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” he asked. “Just like he was…”

Nii picked up the stuffed toy and held it against the moon. His fingers felt the hidden hardness within the soft doll, and he remembered what it was. Nii turned the bunny round to face him and shook it slightly. “You’ve got something in you that will have Gyokumen-sama seething if she ever finds out. But so long as she doesn’t know, it remains as my trump card. Though I wish I could keep Koumyo’s as well…”

He sighed as he brought down bunny. It still pained him to think that he was responsible for Koumyo’s death. He did not think that revealing the location of the Maten and Seiten sutras would result in such a tragedy. He did expect Koumyo to put up some kind of a fight but he had warned the worthless group of youkai against harming the pigtailed Sanzo.

But Koumyo was killed, protecting that little boy who was called ‘River Drifter’ by his peers. The Seiten sutra was taken, but the Maten sutra ended up in the possession of that boy, who had grown up and was now known as Genjo Sanzo.

“He is worthy of you, Koumyo. I’ve watched his grow from afar and he has a far more stubborn and intimidating streak than you. It’ll be fun to see if this sun that you have high hopes for will be able to rise fully. But even if he does, I don’t mind. I’m looking forward to seeing you again…”

With a light chuckle, Nii lowered himself on the bed and hugged bunny close to him. It was not long before he dozed off, dreaming of the past that had been precious to him.

- - - -

“They said you came back a few hours ago. Why didn’t you find me?”

Koumyo Sanzo turned to look at the one who addressed him, a careless smile on his face. “Ah, I’m sorry. I guess I forgot all about you.”

Ukoku narrowed his eyes and took his place beside his mentor. “You forgot? The journey you made to Sanbutsushin today was concerning me! How could you forgot?” the black-haired man demanded.

Koumyo merely chuckled as he lit a cigarette. He blew out leisurely, watching the full moon with those closed eyes of his. How he managed to do so was beyond Ukoku but he never did question either.

“How was it, Koumyo? Did the Sanbutsushin agree?”

The light-haired man shook his head. “I’m sorry, Ukoku, but they refused an audience with you. They were appalled by the manner in which you gained your Sanzo-ship. I tried explaining to them that Godai had initiate the contest in the first place but they still thought that it was wrong of you to kill Godai. I’m sorry, Ukoku…”

Ukoku let out a derisive snort. “I should probably kill them as well and then you and I can replace them.”

Koumyo shook his head. “You’re really as black as night itself. Have you no conscience?”

The bespectacled man laughed. “Not that I know of,” he said breezily. He watched the other man exhaled a thin wisp of fog, silently admiring the beauty the latter possessed. “You’re really funny. You are the highest ranking among all Sanzos but you smoke, drink and keep your hair long. Aren’t you supposed to set a good example and uphold the eight precepts?”

“I don’t want to,” Koumyo said with a shrug of his shoulders. “And please don’t look up to me.”

Ukoku laughed. “Not planning to.” He continued to gaze, but Koumyo seemed to take no offense, content to watch the moon and smoke. He had been staring at the other man a lot lately and though he had an idea what it could mean, he refused to pursue it. But Koumyo looked especially tempting tonight, seemingly glowing even, an effect probably rendered from the bright light of the full moon.

Without thinking, the black haired man reached out and plucked the burning stick from Koumyo’s lips. He trapped it between his own and inhaled, ignoring the startled look on the other man’s face.

“Umm, sweet…” he said after exhaling.

“Eh? I thought it tastes bitter.”

Ukoku shook his head. “Not this one. It’s from your lips and that’s why it is sweet.”

Koumyo’s eyes snapped open. “Ukoku!”

The said man did not answer. Instead, he decided to give in to what he had secretly desired. Leaning forward, he captured the other man’s lips and deftly slipped his tongue between them.

It was an attack of the senses, the thrill and exhilaration unlike what he had experienced before. Koumyo tasted of nicotine, with a faint flavor of sake, but the sweetness of his mouth was overwhelming and Ukoku wondered if anything could possibly taste as exquisite.

He wanted more, but Ukoku knew better than to give in to such a dangerous desire. A sip was enough, for now. Pulling back, he was quite surprised to find he was trembling slightly. Koumyo looked dazed, cheeks flushed and eyes clouded. He was a sight to behold.

Ukoku had the burning urge to continue where he had left off. The man before him intrigued and stirred him like no woman could. And the path that Koumyo was walking on seemed to lead straight to his heart. A bad sign indeed but it seemed impossible to ignore. Could it be?

“Koumyo,” he said, pausing for a moment before continuing. “I think…I do have a conscience after all.”

= owari =

Skin Design by Amie of Intense-Illusions.net