RSS Feed

 Home
 Most Recent
 
 Authors
 Titles
 Help
 Search
 Log In
 
 

Reach by a_mael
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
My first 39, only slightly more than a drabble.

“Well,” said Goku in a solemn, thoughtful voice, “when this whole stupid Gyumoah thing is over, I expect things will get better. Yeah, we’ll all be happy then.”

Sanzo sighed, and lowered his newspaper. “Goku, you can go ahead and expect happiness, if that’s what you want to do. Just be sure that you’re not so busy expecting, that you miss it if it shows up.”

Goku’s brow furrowed. “What d’you mean?”

“Happiness,” Sanzo replied, “is more often a journey than a destination, monkey. If you spend all your time looking for it’s shape on the horizon, waiting to experience it, you probably never will. You need to actively pursue it, strive for it. If you reach for it yourself, you are more likely to grab it when it floats by. As in all things, in this you must make your own path.”

Goku once again looked thoughtful. After about a minute, he nodded his head emphatically, then grabbed the front of Sanzo’s robes and kissed him full on the mouth.

By the time Sanzo had grabbed and swung the harisen, Goku was far enough away to escape with no more than a small swat. He opened the door to the room, then turned to look over his shoulder, and grinned.

“I got short arms. Figured I’d better reach fast.”


Skin Design by Amie of Intense-Illusions.net