RSS Feed

 Home
 Most Recent
 
 Authors
 Titles
 Help
 Search
 Log In
 
 

Seven sins of Hakkai by Aeneus
[Reviews - 2] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Saiyuki belongs to Kazuya Minekura.
Beta'ed by Half Elf Lost.

These are seven ficlets written for the 7_deadly_sins_ challenge LJ community.
They are not related to each other besides having Hakkai as the central character.

Gluttony.

It's still dark outside, but he can't wait any longer. He creeps out of bed and leaves the room he's been sharing with Gojyo that night. The kappa hasn't heard him leave, too deep in dreams of lust or violence. Hakkai doesn't care for either. The first is a long forgotten memory, the other too unavoidable in his waking life. Right now he is haunted by a different vice. He moves silently down the stairs and into the kitchen. They came in too late last night to have a meal, much to the monkey's dismay. Besides, they had other things on their minds, like a wounded Sanzo -- again.

Manipulating Chi takes a lot of effort; even more when handled with the precision to heal. Not that the others would know, of course. After Hakkai fixed the priest up, everyone was content to go to sleep. Now, Hakkai's body is desperate to replenish its energy reserve.

The innkeeper is nowhere to be seen, nor the cook or the barmaid. Nobody is there to stop him as he opens the provisions closet. His brain expands as he takes in the food on offer. His mind is overwhelmed, so he lets his body choose.

First the chicken.

He peels of chunks with his fingers. There's no one here, so no need for his normal restraint. Next some noodles. He can't be bothered to heat them up, so he eats cold, enjoying the way they slither into his mouth as he sucks them up. Then some beef, or the carrots, or maybe he can cook some rice. The meat buns look nice too.

He's losing track of what he's eaten, but still his body isn't satisfied. This journey has cost him a lot of energy so far, and very likely will cost him even more in the time ahead. Almost every day they're fighting off Youkai and Hakkai is there to do his bit. Almost every day one of them gets hurt and Hakkai is there to help them heal. Now, he needs to satisfy his own interests.

The table is littered with bits of bone and scraps of food. There are crumbs strewn all over the floor, sticking together with tea and coffee. When Hakkai spares a moment to survey the scene, he can't quite believe he has caused this himself. Didn't Sanzo once mention he was a pig in a previous life?

He hasn't noticed the sun has come up. He stuffs the last bit of food in his mouth that he can manage and almost chokes as he's surprised by the sight of Gojyo standing in the doorway.

"What the hell!" the Kappa exclaims as he watches Hakkai lick the last bits of their intended rations from his fingers. "Sanzo is gonna be pissed."

Hakkai doesn't feel guilty. It was high time he claimed a little self-indulgence.

"Don't worry," he says. "Just tell him Goku was up early."


Skin Design by Amie of Intense-Illusions.net