RSS Feed

 Home
 Most Recent
 
 Authors
 Titles
 Help
 Search
 Log In
 
 

Dragon Dreams by zan
[Reviews - 2] Printer

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: "Gensomaden Saiyuki, Saiyuki: Reload, Saiyuki: Gaiden" and all of its characters were created by Kazuya Minekura. They belong to her and used without prior permission. I make no monetary profit in the writing of the story.


Dragon Dreams by Zan


From his vantage point, he could see it all. The little kitchen was neat and clean. There were things slightly out of place - here a chair pulled out and there a shirt carelessly slung over a countertop - as if to counterpoint the order. He sighed. Everything was as it should be, so he shook himself and settled there on top of the refrigerator. He did have his own little basket lined with soft cloths and a little cushion, but he preferred it up here. It was nice and warm and besides he could keep a lookout for visitors or unwanted intruders.

Hakuryu yawned. He was getting a little sleepy, having just fed on a hapless rodent he caught outside the house. He set his head down, balefully watching a trail of ants on their march along the edge of a windowsill. Perhaps they were looking for sugar or something sweet. There were seven little soldiers with shiny blue-black bodies and white markings. They kept a steady little rhythm and they did not skip a beat or fall out of line. It was hypnotic clocking their progress, his ruby eyes grew heavy and he soon fell into a doze. He thought one of them had glasses over little green beady eyes and another close behind with white shiny teeth showing in a laughing smile. He caught a glimpse in his sleep, of a library all in a mess, with books and scrolls strewn everywhere. He saw in his dream a frog ashtray filled to overflowing, there was perpetual light and the scent of sakura blossoms wafted in the air mixed in with the cigarette smoke.

As he slumbered, the strange thoughts and images from far away continued to float across his mind. “Those four are dangerous.” Four silhouettes, familiar and yet not - stood in front of him. A memory of the metal tang of blood and steel brought to mind. There in a great hall maybe a hundred courtiers lay dead. They looked like talons slew them. There again were those green eyes with the glasses and the laughing smile. Perhaps he should know them but he did not. With a shuddering breath, he shook himself awake. As the last vestiges of the half-remembered dream disappeared into the afternoon, Hakuryu thought he heard the echo of laughter on the breeze. The little dragon wondered at the strange fantasy he just had. Maybe the rat he ate was a sick one and it was giving him illusions. Perhaps he had eaten too fast.

Hakuryu kyuu’ed softly. He felt the sudden need to look for his master, or even Gojyo. Panicking, he took off from his present perch to fly about the house to look for its’ other occupants. He espied an open window, went through it and with a smoky snort of relief found them. Hakkai was leant against the wall talking to his housemate. Gojyo was sat on the ground with his knees pulled up, smoking those disgusting cigarettes of his. They seemed to be enjoying the moment’s peace.

Hakuryu chirped as he flew onto the outstretched hand that automatically greeted his arrival. Gojyo looked up and acknowledged the presence of the creature with a little wave of his cigarette holding hand. Gestures reminiscent of salutes if you so wished to look at it that way. Everything was as it should be.

owari


Skin Design by Amie of Intense-Illusions.net