Drips and Drabs by Blood_Debt



Summary: A collection of drabbles.
Rating: PG-13
Categories: Saiyuki
Characters: Son Goku, Tenpou Gensui, Kenren Taisho
Genres: General
Warnings: Language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/08/05
Updated: 07/15/05


Index

Chapter 1: Love child
Chapter 2: Pub
Chapter 3: Hakuryuu
Chapter 4: Sanzo-han
Chapter 5: Diaries
Chapter 6: Bunny
Chapter 7: Rain
Chapter 8: Winter birds


Chapter 1: Love child

Disclaimer: "Gensomaden Saiyuki, Saiyuki: Reload, Saiyuki: Gaiden" and all of its characters were created by Kazuya Minekura. They belong to her and were used without prior permission. No monetary profit is made through this story.

a/n: This fic was ispired by that part in the manga where Kenren claims that Goku is his son. This is exactly 100 words.

-

"Your secret son?" the gods muttered, staring at the asectic hiding behind Kenren's robes. The antagonistic red head smirked arrogantly, putting a possessive arm around Goku's shoulders.

"But - but - a child like him is born from where the earth's energy is so tightly packed that it transforms into matter!" exclaimed one, obviously a boot licker of some kind.

"Why do you think so much energy was gathered there?" questioned Kenren.

-later-

"So, Kenren-san, exactly how did you do it?" Tenpou asked, adjusting his glasses to a straight level.

"... I stuck my arse down a rabbit hole."

-

Notes?

Back to index


Chapter 2: Pub

He sat at the bar, steaming slowly. Not so much steaming from anger (it wasn't helping though, and he was definitely short of temper now) but more from the tremendous heat. Sanzo hissed, and decided to take the final step - to use his beloved normally-reserved-for-whacking-annoying-monkeys/kappas-on-the-head fan for its original purpose. Fanning. Drawing it out of a pocket in his sleeve, the blond monk flicked it open with a deft twist of his hand, and spread the white paper to it's full size wafting it back and forth to create a small breeze that could serve to cool him down.

Suddenly, he was surrounded by people waving money. They were screaming 'I saw him first!'. It irritated the sutra protector - they were cancelling out the effects of all his fanning efforts, hot and sweaty bodies providing even more heat and having the added bonus of crushing him so that it was hard to breathe. He could feel someone nuzzling his leg.

"What the...?" Sanzo swore, kicking the nuzzler, and trying to escape. Then he saw the untidy marker pen inscriptions scrawled across his precious harisen. 'I am a poophead gigalo' He was going to kill Goku and Gojyo. Slowly.

-

200 words exactly.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Hakuryuu


She's so beautiful. I honk at her, hoping she'll respond, but I guess she can't hear me from behind that glass. I love her shining chrome overlay, and I'm pretty sure that two-horsepower engine isn't just part of the decoration. She's obviously from a good family - leather intact, and she even has a CD player. I'll bet she uses unleaded petrol, no one as refined as her would use diesel. I look at her numberplate shyly: WFN 2437 - so that's her name. I will remember it forever. Even though Hakkai calls her Mary Sue, whatever that is.

-

100 words.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Sanzo-han






"Oi - Cho-han!" A wave of Gojyo's hand catches the healer's attention.

"Excuse me, Gojyo-san?" He looks up from his novel amiably but is puzzled.

"Ergh. Nevermind. It's not working." Blink. Blink.

"...excuse me?" A good, multipurpose answer.

"Well, it's just that - remember Hazel?" Fingers tilt an imaginary cap, reenacting many daytime scenes.

"Glosse-san?" Ah yes, the youkai killer.

"Yeah - him."

"... Yes?"

Gojyo pauses for a second.

"Well, remember how he always called Sanzo Sanzo-han?"

"..."

"Well, Sanzo slept with him, so I figured it was the name."

"You could have just asked, Gojyo-san."

"Oh. Right."

-

100 words.

Back to index


Chapter 5: Diaries








Dear Diary,

That's what Sanzo says this is, and he can't be wrong, because he's my sun. He said I needed to practice my writing and that I should keep a daily journal so I know what's going on. Well, today, I killed fifty three youkai, and stole Gojyo's last pork bun. He didn't notice 'cos he was too busy trying to chat up the waitress, so I had nearly all the food to myself. We had fried rice and noodles and soup and pork buns because they're my favourite (they taste really yummy!) That's all, I guess.

Goku.

-

Dear Diary,

Today, I went grocery shopping to get more supplies with Goku and Gojyo. They were both very helpful and I managed to restrain Goku from eating all the food by buying some pork buns for him. I do believe that they're starting to realise that the journey will be easier without antagonizing Sanzo so much, as we have had only a few encounters with his gun in the past few days.

Hakuryuu is feeling fully rested again, for which I am glad - I would hate to work him if tired.

Until I write again,

Cho Hakkai

-

Picked up several chicks today. They were all ready for Gojyo to get fiesty with them at the same time, but even I can't handle four in one go. I really am getting better at this. It was six hours at least, after picking the one who asked the least questions. I think she stole my boxers - I need new ones. I also need a new packet of condoms, my fruity ones have all run out. Gay gay gay. Fucking bastard Sanzo nearly shot me. I swear, one day I'm gonna shove that gun down his throat.

-

Weekly report to the Three AssholesAspects:

We have progressed to a small village called Shu Zhi. We have stayed here three days replenishing our supplies and refueling our transport Why the hell can't we have a normal car? We travelled one hundred and twelve miles altogether, and have been attacked several times by a numerous amount of youkai, but they were easily dealt with. Motherfuckers never learn. I have been requested to stay here longer but I do not wish to stay longer than required for fear of delaying our journey.

With all due respect, none
Genjyo Sanzo



100 words each. These were the worst drabbles I've ever written, but I felt -very- bored.

Back to index


Chapter 6: Bunny



He couldn't move. He never could. It was his fate. He was Nii's pet, carried in the crook of the scientist's arm, only alive through the mimicked voice that his owner put on when he spoke to the stuffed bunny. He saw everything. Even the trysts between Nii and Gyokumen - he was never out of the human's sight. He even saw the transformations between Nii Jianyi and Ukoko Sanzo. Bunny often longed for his own life, one where he was alive again. For Bunny was not just any stuffed rabbit, oh no. Once, he had been known as Koumyou.



I loved this one, personally. 100 words.

Back to index


Chapter 7: Rain




-



Sanzo never takes showers. That's not to say he doesn't wash - he takes baths. But he doesn't shower. It is too much like localized rain, and everyone knows what Sanzo is like about rain. It reminds him of you-know-what and you-know-who. Not Voldemort, but Koumyou. Because he didn't save his master. Because Koumyou took that final step and Kouryuu didn't. Just because. No one knows why Sanzo chose rain to represent that day - it could have been anything else but rain hides the sun now. Sanzo takes everything to the extreme. He journeys to the extreme, really.


-

Just when I thought I couldn't go any lower. I will come up with some good ones soon, I promise! 100 words.

Back to index


Chapter 8: Winter birds

A decadrabble (1000 words. Ficlets can be any length which is why I refuse to call it one. I will also have triple drabbles, quadrabbles, pentdrabbles and so forth until the decadrabble. So there! (laughs)






The bird hopped onto his finger, used to Goku by now. He was trapped - and yet this bird was free. Son Goku loved the feathered freak, but Seiten Taisei hated it. All summer it had come, chirping merrily, flying free through the sky (able to see the sun) mocking him with its cheerful cries. He hated it, from its blunt yellow beak to its fluffy feathers and pinprick claws. How he wished to rend it apart - to rip, to tear the life from the avian (black anger breath). And from Son Goku's mind, Seiten watched hungrily, wishing the hands that held would obey his command and squeeze the little bird until its lungs were crushed between his palms.

It bounced further along his arm (cut slash kill), tilting it's head in a way that would been called coquettish if human. (death rage destruction) Seiten ached to grab it by the neck and bite its head off, to savor thee tang of animal blood, to destroy, to hunt, to hurt. Snow began to fall. Flakes of ice drifted down, coating the earth (suffocating it) in white, blanketing it in silence.

Goku hated snow, as did Seiten. He recoiled from it, and the bird fluttered uneasily before settling on his shoulder. (Seiten snarled at it's closeness, wanting to snap at it - show it the true meaning of chains). The innocent one did not want to watch, and instead, let his eyes flutter closed.

For one split second, as Goku settled down to sleep, Seiten gained control, grabbed the bird by it’s and snapped its spine, growling ferally. Adrenaline roared through his veins, from the thrill of destruction, allowing the spirit to keep control for even longer. The chick's heart beat once, twice and paused. Seiten gripped hard until he was sure it could live no longer. A chuckle escaped his lips, curling on his tongue to echo against the rock walls. Seiten Taisei knew better than to try and escape - past experiences had jolted Goku immediately into control, due to the seals on the bars. Son Goku by himself did not have the strength to destroy these prison bars. No, only one with the power of the sun could do that.

Seiten savored the smell of death, the immediate opening into the otherworld from a spirit's passing - it reminded him of heaven, and the times when he could rend without a care. So many people had died beneath his hands (tear rip red). Those had been the times when both he and Goku had been happy. The sun had warmed them, shone on them with His holy light, and Goku had made a friend who also appealed to Seiten. Nataku. He had known what fighting was about (blood crimson burns). But now, for a crime he was told to commit, Seiten Taisei Son Goku was locked away in a cold cave without the sun that had so heated them. Rage had simmered through his veins at the verdict (guilty) before the band was placed on his head and Seiten no longer had control over his body. Goku had forgotten. Seiten had not. And for his unjust sentence, the holy warrior would wreak his vengeance on the world.

The golden avian's head lolled loosely in his hand, so easily pierced by long nails grown sharp from transforming, by fangs lusting for nourishment unknown for decades at least. Seiten raised it to his mouth, eager to sink his teeth into the still warm flesh. Then, as it was in his mouth, he stopped. Not from a warped sense of compassion, but there was something preventing him from clamping down and chewing it to a bloody pulp (food revenge taught). There seemed to be a barrier of some kind, a rock hard, impenetrable sphere blocking his mouth. It was dead, yet it taunted him by flaunting Goku's love for it under his very nose. This body was Seiten's by right, yet Goku was in control. The feathers tickled his tongue, unwetted by saliva, uneaten, undigested - this could not be! The earth spirit screamed in frustration, pulsing madness shivering through his body, trying to crush the bird now, a second choice that he would settle for and be satisfied yet. But Son Goku kept his unconscious control, even whilst sleeping, and Seiten was unable to close his fingers around it. The only reason he had been able to kill it was because it had been the first thing he did after he took over his body, but he could already feel himself slipping away, tendrils of insanity wrapping around his twisted soul and pulling.

He threw it away from him in a pique of rage, slamming it against the bar and rebounding off onto the white, white snow. It lay as if sleeping, its neck turned to a natural angle for its body. Hissing, the war god withdrew, letting Goku in again after the short battle that had only lasted seconds but had seemed an eternity. For half a minute at most, had Seiten inhabited the body they shared, but Goku felt as if he had slept for hours. Echoes of consciousness murmured in his ear - something to do with his friend the bird - he had dreamed of it, but he could not remember what is was or what crime he had caused. He looked out, saw the bird, and his innocent eyes grew large as he reached through the bars harder than steel, grasping for his summertime playmate.

He strained out of the bars, extending his arm as far as it would go, trying to at least give the yellow bird the dignity of burial underneath the earth, rather than snow. But he could not reach. The gods had shut him away as penance and this was his punishment. As snowflakes drifted down and hid the corpse from sight, Goku threw his head back to the heavens and howled.

Winter did not kill a bird. Hate did.






I always wondered why the bird died - sure, birds don't have long lives, but...

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://split-infinity.org/saiyuki/viewstory.php?sid=660