At the End of the Journey by Narsus



Summary: What happens at the end of the story? Pure speculation on my part. (A drabble)
Rating: G
Categories: Saiyuki
Characters: Genjo Sanzou
Genres: Alternative Universe
Warnings: Dark
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 10/28/04
Updated: 10/28/04


At the End of the Journey by Narsus
Chapter 1: At the End of the Journey
Author's Notes:

At the End of the Journey

Disclaimer: Saiyuki belongs to Kazuya Minekura and associates.

Probably has bits that won’t make much sense if you don’t know anything about the endings of Saiyuki, Reload & Gunlock. There are Gaiden references too.

+++++

The rising sun is a halo of backlighting. Juxtaposed with fairytale mist.
Old soldiers make eternal promises.
Golden eyes look to the sun.

Heretics fall and children and demons. Everything changes while a Goddess smiles.
Heaven and Earth tilt on their axis. Dreams and ambitions vanish in flame.
One to govern evolution, another to bring destruction. Long parted.
Falling into the same hands.

A heretic wanted to remake Earth and Heaven.
A child grasped at a forbidden heirloom.
A well-meaning missionary failed to save them.

At the end of the journey; Western sun setting.
Only a dead god walks away.

+++++

Hypothetically speaking, if people did need to die at the end of the entire series, my money’s on the 'God of Paperwork' going first.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://split-infinity.org/saiyuki/viewstory.php?sid=250